Dal-Tile Corporation QUARTZ - MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN in United States
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Major functions and scope:
• Examining machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose the source of trouble.
• Dismantling or partially dismantling machines and performing repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools in scraping and fitting parts.
• Replacing broken or defective parts with items obtained from stock and outside sources.
• Reassembling machines and making necessary adjustments for operation.
• Install or repair water, steam gas, or other types of pipe and pipe fittings; cutting various sizes of pipe to correct lengths with pipe cutting machines; threading pipe with stocks and dies; bending pipe by hand drive or power drive machines; assembling pipe with couplings and fastenings pipe to hangers.
• Perform welding; light electrical jobs and other duties as required to maintain our manufacturing and office facilities.
• Conducts scheduled preventative maintenance procedures on manufacturing and building equipment.
• Informs supervisor of the operational status of equipment and notifies of any problem areas.
• Follows standard operating and safety procedures.
• Keeps work area safe, clean and organized.
• Performs other related duties as required
Education: High school diploma or equivalant
Experience: Proficient score as defined by Daltile on NOCTI or 4 year degree in related field.
• Strong written, oral and communications skills
• Ability to understand and speak basic English
• Good math skills
• Good record keeping skills
• Accurate measurement capability
• Ability to wear PPE and maintain company safety policies
Day A & B: 6:45 am to 7:00 pm
Week 1: Mon,Tues,Fri,and Sat
Week 2: Sunday,Wed, and Thurs
Night C & D: 6:45 pm to 7:00 am
Week 1: Mon,Tues,Fri, and Sat
Week 2: Sunday,Wed, and Thurs
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.