Dal-Tile Production Supervisor in Sunnyvale, Texas
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Lead a safety driven culture that prides itself on making the B.E.S.T. product for the marketplace, while ensuring that team member growth and community stewardship are at the forefront of innovative thinking.
• Key leader in the development and implementation of safe work practices, as well as setting safe condition standards; particularly in the areas of ergonomics and material handling.
• Will create, review and audit LOTO policies, JHA’s and the coordinated SOP’s to all area specific tasks.
• Will facilitate the team in regards to Behavior Based Safety, as well as participate in safety committee, daily audits and condition repair.
• Implement and review quality control procedures that ensure product integrity, material specification and process excellence.
• Find and drive areas of opportunity in recovery improvement, waste reduction and continued efficiency improvement.
• Responsible for the continued training of the hourly team members to ensure we are always growing in our technical knowledge.
• Will continuously review and communicate the performance of direct reports, as well as engage in open dialogue to set the path for career milestones.
• Take part in the interview and hiring process for both hourly and salary positions in the organization.
• Responsible for continuously reviewing facility performance and creating immediate corrective action plans with the team to close any and all gaps.
• Continuously monitors product samples to ensure product excellence.
• Communicates and coordinates necessary activities with the maintenance team so that time and efficiency are guaranteed.
• Communicates any and all product and operational defects through the organization and ensure that we get necessary team involvement to attack the issue at the source.
• Always looking for innovative ways to increase efficiency and drive costs.
• Any other duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with knowledge of ceramic industry.
1-3 years supervisory/operations experience. Strong technical background in the tile/ceramic industry and previous quality control experience preferred.
Core competencies include strong communications skills, organization, data analysis and interpretation, and ability to prioritize. Ability to train, coach and problem solve. Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
Req Id: 23628