Dal-Tile Corporation QUARTZ - RAW MATERIALS LEAD OPERATOR - C SHIFT in Dickson, Tennessee
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Major Functions and Scope:
• Ensures safe and efficient operation of all assigned equipment within the Raw Materials department
• Initiate and drive safety, quality and production improvements in raw materials
• Follows the Quality Management System (QMS)
• Oversees and assists with all raw materials operations
• Transports, weighs, and mixes appropriate ingredients and oversees the processes being done by other team members
• Assists in the training of all operators within the raw materials department.
• Monitors all materials being blended or loaded into the line for accuracy and quality
• Performs pigment color tests (cookies) utilizing the methods developed by QC
• Owns the Raw Materials areas while on shift and takes a leadership role in maintaining high quality standards
• Monitors equipment or processes and reports problems to supervisor including safety, quality, productivity, and systems-related issues
• Keeps raw materials delivery systems free of extraneous material by inspecting and cleaning all belting, transition points, and catch pans.
• Performs audits of the raw materials area relative to safety, quality, and productivity for the department.
• Utilizes floor scrubbers and cleaning tools to maintain plant floors within all departments.
• Able to receive trucks and complete all receiving paperwork including trailer inspections.
• Follows standard operating procedures, safe operating practices, 5S, standard work and other lean manufacturing principles
• Communicates immediately any production, or quality impacting events to the supervisor on duty and or the raw materials supervisor
• Keeps all materials within the plant organized
• Stages material for loading silos.
• Oversees production of test pigments.
• Understands the SOPs and assists with any revisions that may be needed
• Ensures area stays safe, clean, and organized
• Supports a life-long learning environment, enhancing own skills as well as assisting in the development of other team members
• Must be willing to cross department lines and help the team where needed
• Performs other related duties as required
• Ensures all chemicals and supplies are received and stored safely until being delivered to production
Experience: 1 yr previous manufacturing / production / forklift preferred
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong written, oral and communications skills
• Ability to understand and speak basic English
• Good math skills
• Good record keeping skills
• Accurate measurement capability
• Must be Dal-Tile certified to operate powered industrial trucks
• Ability to wear PPE and maintain company safety policies
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
ReqID : 67348
Business Unit : Dal-Tile
Department : Manufacturing (MFG)
Job Type : Manufacturing