Dal-Tile Corporation BODY PREP TECHNICIAN - TILE PLANT - C SHIFT in Dickson, Tennessee
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Major functions and scope:
• Approaches all responsibilities with the mindset that ensures safety is built into every process task, factoring ergonomics, environmental and hazard elimination into the work steps of the team and themselves.
• Understand their ability to directly increase overall product quality and integrity, while ensuring that process and product waste are driven to elimination through their skill and intervention.
• Performing/reviewing product testing results in order to make necessary corrections within the operating parameters to ensure finished powder integrity maintains to internal specifications.
• Maintains a “continuous improvement” mind set when working on equipment, always looking for a better, safer, way, and communicating best practices
• Responsible for completing daily report detailing safety concerns, quality review, efficiency and inventory levels, as well as equipment maintenance completed throughout shift.
• Focusing on machine and conveyor audits to ensure issues are recognized early in order to foster a more proactive than reactive approach.
• Responsible for regular material and belt calibration according to outline determined by Quality Management System or at the request of the department Manager.
• Direct responsibility for grinding media inventory, replenishment orders and fill levels inside Ball Mill.
• Will be seen as a leader in the department during times when the department Manager is scheduled out of the office.
• Continuously reviewing their respective area for ideas and thoughts that will drive productivity and reduce costs within the organization, and be able to professionally speak to their solution for improvement.
• Conducts scheduled safety audits throughout the department, looking for unsafe conditions or finding a system or manner in which we can improve the quality of work life for our team.
• Monitors balance and records data on dust collection equipment within the department.
• Will be responsible to fill in at an operator level during call-offs and potentially vacation.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Experience & Competencies: Routinely working at a height that requires fall protection
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
ReqID : 57214
Business Unit : Dal-Tile
Department : Manufacturing (MFG)
Job Type : Manufacturing