Dal-Tile Corporation Freight Accounts Payable Supervisor in Dallas, Texas
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Transportation Manager, Freight Payment and Reporting is accountable for overseeing the monitoring and control of all freight payables activities (invoice pre-audit and post-audit, invoice coding, timely and accurate vendor payment) and analysis of Transportation spend. This role is responsible for acting as a key point of contact for carriers when auditing the invoices of loads and resolving discrepancies by leveraging the Transportation Management System and Freight Payment Systems. Also responsible for analyzing cost trends, minimizing unnecessary costs such as accessorial and expedited services, communicating with carriers, DC personnel, and internal team members while understanding service level agreements and key performance indicators.
Major Scope and Functions:
• Lead and provide oversight of the Freight Bill Audit and Payment Program, including and not limited to freight payment, freight audit, claims processes, and improving the freight payment cycle times for all carriers and service providers by driving quality improvement programs and standardization.
• Manage execution of freight payments in US Bank’s system for Dal-Tile
• Ensure timely and accurate payment to freight carriers for all domestic providers
• Manage strategic and long-term relationships with carriers, transportation planners and DC personnel to monitor, measure, and escalate invoicing issues
• Monitor and report carrier accuracy and freight payment performance
• Oversee claim process to ensure acceptable resolution
• Support the month end closing process by providing accurate and timely reporting and analytics
• Creation of weekly reporting trends, root cause analysis, and status updates to drive out inefficiencies, inaccurate data, and unnecessary costs
• Special projects and participation in various initiatives, including new system implementation, updates or upgrades.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required, in Finance or Accounting preferred.
• 3+ years of accounting, freight pay, or logistics experience
• Demonstrated experience in using payment and auditing management systems preferred
• Five (5) or more years transportation/distribution experience. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office applications and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly.
• Practical knowledge of SAP strongly desired
• Demonstrated ability to lead, influence and drive for results within operation.
• Ability to work under pressure with high sense of urgency and manage multiple priorities with confidence.
• Strong analytical capability and excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to formulate and implement action plans.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
ReqID : 50813
Business Unit : Dal-Tile
Department : Distribution and Logistics (DISTLOG)
Job Type : Professional Opportunities