Dal-Tile Corporation Director Global Sourcing in Dallas, Texas
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Director of Global Sourcing develops and executes the business strategy for product sourcing that is aligned with the organization’s goals and objectives. Global Sourcing Director will provide complete oversight, direction and execution of identifying, establishing, and maintaining reliable practices to ensure smooth business operations, including standards and metrics to obtain goods from various suppliers meeting objectives of cost, service and quality.
Develop business strategy for sourcing product from vendors by partnering with business and aligning with global strategic objectives.
· Establish and maintain business criteria for evaluation and selection of appropriate vendors to achieve both short and long-term sourcing plans.
· Develop and lead Global Sourcing team in negotiations and oversight to ensure quality, consistency, competitive costs and required service levels to maintain company standards and objectives.
· Cultivate strong working relationships with Dal-Tile vendors and resolves vendor disputes as necessary.
· Develops and implements cost and profit margin initiatives in order to achieve annual financial objectives.
· Properly execute all Vendor Agreements and update as needed.
· Confirm vendor compliance in maintaining Dal-Tile Code of Conduct and Ethics requirements.
· Leverage industry knowledge to make appropriate sourcing purchases based on business needs.
· Visit import vendors, manufacturing facilities and markets to reinforce standards, address issues and identify/leverage opportunities.
· Provide periodic updates to executive leadership on sourcing strategy and landscape.
· Manage the request for proposals process and reviews bids with multiple vendors.
· Partner with Supply Chain to prepare load-in and ongoing forecast of product needs to support business.
· Develop pricing strategies for various vendors based on supply and demand
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business or similar discipline required.
· International business experience is preferred.
· Experience in purchase agreements, contract negotiations, strategic sourcing and cost analysis.
· Experience and sound understanding in product development, product management, manufacturing processes and operations.
· Progressive sourcing and procurement experience in flooring/ceramic industry.
· Strong understanding of industry landscape and impact of supply and demand.
· International Travel required up to 10%.
Must possess strong leadership, business knowledge and technical abilities. Ability to influence and foster teamwork at all levels of the organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent presentation skills. Must be able to prioritize and delegate. Must have strong/proven leadership and organizational skills. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills. Strong computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong understanding/knowledge of P&L and financial impact within scope of business.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
ReqID : 49407
Business Unit : Dal-Tile
Department : Marketing (MARKET)
Job Type : Professional Opportunities