Dal-Tile Corporation ASSISTANT PRODUCT MANAGER in Dallas, Texas
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Dal-Tile is currently seeking an exceptional Assistant Product Manager to join our TEAM! This position will assist the Sr. Product Manager to respond to complex issues from various company departments, evaluate data within the various systems, and analyze costs, selling prices & margin contribution. The Assistant Product Manager, will assist with developing new product plans, building relationships with vendors, executing product launches, and managing product life cycles.
Major Functions and Scope
• Assists in the development and implementation of existing and new product plans
• Supports with price negotiations and product transitions to achieve competitive costs
• Cultivates strong working relationships with suppliers and resolve disputes as necessary
• Develops product launch load-in quantities and ongoing forecasts to support business
• Analyzes customer demand, sales forecast, lead times, and safety stock data
• Partners with Supply Chain to ensure on time product launches and maintain healthy levels of inventory
• Works with Marketing team to audit merchandising content and tracks samples for on-time delivery
• Sets up item numbers and product attributes in multiple systems including but not limited to PIM, SAP, and B2B
• Uses extensive knowledge of data, systems, and system interfaces to resolve complex problems or suggest solutions
• Manages all aspects of packaging specifications including cartons, pallets, and barcodes
• Drafts concise communications to field regarding product updates and service advisories
• Monitors quality control processes to maintain product and packaging quality standards
• Negotiates quality claim resolutions with field and vendors
• Coordinates resolution for quality hold material and excess inventory
• Collaborate with Product Management, Design and Home Center teams to develop new products and manage current Home Center offering
• Coordinates product transfer between factories or between manufactured and sourced products
• Performs other related duties as required.
Experience and Knowledge Required
• Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in Marketing/International Business/ or Supply Chain Management, Operations, Business, Economics, Mathematics, or related field
• Knowledge of flooring industry including Luxury Vinyl Tile/ Resilient/ Ceramic Products preferred
• 1+ years of previous product management experience preferred.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
• Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong customer service and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Proficiency in MS Excel, Access, Power Point, Power BI
• Experience with SAP preferred
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
Other Pertinent Job Information
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may sit, climb, balance, talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Some Heavy lifting required up to 10 lbs.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
ReqID : 58543
Business Unit : Dal-Tile
Department : Marketing (MARKET)
Job Type : Professional Opportunities